Resignation Letter Format for Teacher

Teaching jobs are nowadays very sought after jobs. With more and more educational institutes being set up around the world teachers are getting many good employment opportunities with the best of the universities across the world. For those of you in the teaching profession when a wonderful opportunity to teach at the best of the universities don’t forget to draft your resignation letter to match your stature. Not only are your employers looking at your resignation letter but also your beloved students.

A teacher student relationship is the most cherished one and often your students would be looking forward to hear from you in your last day mail. As a respected teacher you are expected to resign only when you have completed your current academic term and have completed any teacher assignments you were involved in.

Following is a sample resignation letter format for a teacher. You will have to customize it to your employer and add more details if you are the head of the department at your university.

<Your Name>
<Contact: Address, Company Designation>

To,
<Dean’s Name>
<Designation and Contact>

Dear Dean /<Dean’s Name>

Subject: Letter of resignation from the post of <your designation and role>

With heavy heart I wish to bring to your notice that I have been offered an opportunity to pursue my research and teaching career at <New University/ Institute name> and my <number of years> association with our institution will come to an end at the end of the current academic year.

I am very grateful for the research opportunities which I received as part of this institution and the brilliant people that I shared my office with. The professionals and the students at <current university name> hold great potential and I wish them the very best. I have completed all my current research assignments and my Doctorate students have also completed their terms successfully.

I wish all of them and the management of this institute the very best. I will be happy to help out if my expertise is needed to assist the transition. 

I will available on <telephone number> and my students can write to me at <email address>.

Best Regards !

<Your Name>
<Qualification>

Also Read:

The above sample is only for your reference and you you check out other resignation letter samples on this site. Also check out how to write a good resignation letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...