Sample Job Resignation Letter with notice period

In many organisations especially in the IT industry company policies require you to provide a formal notice to your organisation before you resign from your job. This being part of the formalities to be completed before you resign, it is necessary to provide a notice period in your letter of resignation. Usually the notice period varies from two weeks to even three months. If you wish to leave the company before your notice period expires, you may have to forfeit a salary equivalent of the number of days pending on your notice period. Its extremely important to time your resignation while you prepare a resume format and write your job application letters.



Following is a simple resignation letter which mentions the notice period you offer to serve before your resignation comes into effect.


<Your Name>
<Contact: Address, Company Designation>

To,
<Manager’s Name>
<Mangers Designation and Contact>
Dear <Manager’s Name>

I am writing this letter of resignation to formally notify you of my decision to resign from the post of <your designation> with <company name>. I have taken this decision after through deliberation and assessment and I believe it is in my best interest to move on.
As per company policy <provide reference to policy document if you have one> I would be required to serve a notice period of <duration of notice period> starting today <today’s date> and ending with my resignation coming into effect on <your last working day>. Kindly relieve me of my responsibilities as early as possible to ensure a smooth transition for the organisation.
I wish you and the company success at future endeavours.

Thanking You
<Your Name>
<Designation and Contact>
Notice period usually varies with different organisations and job designations. It’s best to check up in advanced with your HR Department or manager about the notice period and plan accordingly.

Also Read
Email Format for Resignation.

23 comments:

  1. structure of the Resignation Letter is awesome. the words you have used in the letter is really excellent, Thanks a lot for sharing. sample letters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Johnpaul Thanks for sharing your views. I hope this site could provide some useful content to you. We are happy to help if anyone needs a resignation letter drafted for their requirement. Just post your query in the comments section and we would create a resignation letter sample just for you.

      Happy Reading!!

      Delete
  2. This site is really very helpful for ppl like me who are at a loss for words while writing their resignation letter/email. Thank you so much for sharing and helping ppl like me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mansi !!
      I am really happy to hear that the site helped you. Also do check out other resources on this site.
      Feel free to raise any more queries. We will be happy to help you.

      Delete
    2. Dear Sir, I am working for a private bank. I want to resign from the job but I have to provide them three months notice.Can u please provide me with a sample resignation letter

      Delete
    3. I will upload a sample mail for your requirement in a day or two. I request your to post your comment by signing in so that you will be notified when i post

      Delete
    4. Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. I wanted to know when will the sample mail pertaining to "Resigning from Private Bank - 3 months notice period be uploaded?

      Delete
  3. Sir, My company hold my salary for a period of 10 to 15 days because of I was on leavefor a period of 9 days for my exam. (I applied leave and approved by my manager), so I want to know that is there any remedy for me to unhold my salary as soon as possible as I am running short with money due to this hold. please advise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice article, Thanks.
    and I want to share an article about resignation for senior software engineer refer to http://www.etechpulse.com/2014/04/how-to-write-resignation-letter-for.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello i am planning to resign my present organization, as i have another job in my hand.But i am not aware whats the notification period of my current work place, as nothing related to it is mentioned in my appointment letter. Can i immediately resign? will there be a problem if i do so or should i pay the organization any penalty for doing so..??

    ReplyDelete
  6. This helps me a lot. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super and fantastic..............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really awesome guys.................

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great letter. It states just what is needed. You may want to spell check a couple of words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to write a letter to supplier and clients that i left XYZ Company from 31st August 2015

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just inform all supplier and clients that i am not responsible from 31st august

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sir my company shifted to me another location, but i dont want to go. Please send me resignation letter for imidiate resign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dipali Patil,
      Please find your resignation letter sample here . Don't forget to write your comments if this helped you and how the resignation process went.

      Delete
  13. The article is very helpful especially to the people those who do not know the exact procedures to write a resignation letter. The format is the most important because most of us do not have a good insight over the content of the resignation letter what we should write in. Some similar format is available here: http://sampleletterhq.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...