Resignation Letter negotiating notice period

While resigning from your Job you will have to consider the notice period you may have to serve as per the company policy before you will be relieved from your duties. Often the notice period ranges from one to three months. 

However you may be required to report to you new job at an earlier date and would thus need to negotiate a wavier of your notice period and salary. Following is an example of a resignation letter which requests for a notice period wavier. 




<Your Name>
<Contact: Address, Company Designation>
To,
<Manager’s Name>
<Mangers Designation and Contact>
Dear <Manager’s Name>

 It has been a wonderful learning experience working with you for the last two years. You have always helped and supported me during my tenure with the organisation. However it’s time for me to move out of the firm and our team to pursue other interests. I thank you for all the efforts and apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. 

 I have initiated an e-separation request. I request you to kindly bring forward my relieving date to 26th of April 2013 and waiver of my salary in lieu of the remaining notice period. I shall continue contributing to our project during this period. 

 Thanks for your support
 Regards 

<Your Name>

<Designation and Contact>

Notice period usually varies with different organisations and job designations. It’s best to check up in advanced with your HR Department or manager about the notice period and plan accordingly. 
Also Read

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...